Thursday, May 10, 2007

Customer Service

"A customer is the worst visitor on our premises.
He is dependent on us. We are not dependent on him.
He is an interruption in our work – that is his purpose.
We are doing him a favor by serving him. He is not doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to serve him."
- Mahatma Gandhi didn't say this.

My soft skills training on "Customer Service".
I wonder why we do things which I do. I do not know if its with a purpose. What I believe is that some we choose and others choose us. This training falls into the later type. Within the first 1 hour I loose patience. I am grasping for breathe and the sad part is that it shows. So the trainer knew she had a difficult chap.

Leaving aside the 2 days of fun, I come to the point. At the end of the program we have a field trip. We visit shops and restaurants as customers. We test, we observe and sometimes tease the shopkeeper. I visit coffee day. We it comes to service I demand the best. I put to test all my skills and yet the attendant comes out with flying colours. I learn my lesson and enjoyed throughly the practical approach.

This is the future of education.

No comments: