Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Chapter 3 : A Prayer

Learn..
How to tame a tiger? ..How to shoot a bird from the sound of its flapping wings? ..Okay then may be simpler ones. How to propose a lady ? Finding a true friend ? ..Hmm at least I do not know how to do these either. How to ride a bicycle, how to boil eggs, how to speak different languages.. We all know it. Are these any simpler?

Starting from learning how to breathe I have come a long way .. Now building the latest SAP applications. To make a computer useful you need power an OS. I am no different from a computer. Life is what I call power. Senses is what enabled me to learn how to speak , to communicate. This OS which is my language enables further continued learning. There are so many other things which definitely makes myself superior than a PC. I donot remember any of those moments when the foundation was laid.

But jab se hosh sambhala hai ... It’s been a splendid feeling every time I learnt something new. The first time I rode the bicycle for a few meters. Of course I fell after that. But it was those few moments before I fell which immortalized that moment. Another such moment was when I rode my dads scooter without asking him. I knew the mechanics. But its always different knowing it and applying it. Another instance has been my desire to learn to swim. Jumped into a pool and found so many willing to teach. But I could never swim. It happened suddenly one fine day in Goa and I had learnt my first lesson. I could swim. I could float.

It is these moments which we remember. These moments which make life so beautiful. With time the number of new things I learnt has definitely gone down. What has changed? There is always a fear of failure. But its again this challenge to overcome this fear I thirst for. A hunger to innovate. To learn new things.

Keep Learning. Amen.

1 comment: